Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crazy March Weather....

So, yesterday I woke up to go to spin class (an addiction of mine now) and the weather was in the 50's and humid...nice for February! On the way home from spin I thought that the rain and wind couldn't get any stronger! Alabama and Georgia do not have the best drainage systems so there was water everywhere! I was more watching out for the crazy drivers around me then the way that I was moving along! I made it home only to find out that we were to get flash floods and were in tornado watches! A friend text me later in the morning saying the middle school about 15-20 miles from our home had been hit and a church that was almost 162 years old had been leveled! You will see the photos that I have posted of both! Well, then about mid afternoon it all cleared up and ended up being in the 70's! Well, what do you know....we woke up to 30 degree weather this morning and it was SNOWING!! Snowing in GA/AL?? Are you kidding me....70's yesterday and snow today....and I thought that WA weather was crazy! At the time that I am writing this we have about 4-6 inches and it is still coming down heavy! When we went into church this morning they had a combined service but the people that were in town were going about 2 miles an hour (well I thought so) and there were not that many out compared to a normal Sunday morning! It was hilarious to see peoples reactions and hear how they had to go to the grocery store to stock up for the snow storm! Anyways, to wrap it all up it has been a few crazy days weather wise! We will see what tomorrow holds for us......hurricanes, ice storms, 80 degree weather?? You never know what you are going to get around here!


(The church that was leveled)






(When we woke up this morning)


(On the way to chuch)


(When we got home....but more snow to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment